Master Dynamics of Health and Welfare

The objective of the Erasmus-Mundus Master PhoenixEM Dynamics of Health and Welfare is to provide knowledge and expertise for research and the future management of health and welfare in Europe and elsewhere.

Deadline: 15/01/2010
Open to: EU and Non EU students
Scholarship: full under Erasmus Mundus

The key to such management lies in understanding the multiple links binding health and welfare. The analysis of these links constitutes the heart of the PhoenixEM program. The major contribution from the social sciences is a multidisciplinary approach to and with Public Health (political science, public health, history, sociology/anthropology, philosophy, demography, epidemiology, economics).

PhoenixEM Dynamics of Health and Welfare is coordinated by the Ecole des hautes Etudes en sciences sociales (Paris), in collaboration with the University of Evora (Portugal), the Linköping University (Sweden) and the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Teachers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (London), the Charles University in Prague (Czech Republic), the Pecs University (Hungary) and the Warsaw University (Poland) will be associated to the team.

*   Deadline for Non-European Students: January 15th 2010
* Deadline for European Students: April 30th 2010

The minimum requirements to be ranked
-bachelor with one background at least (political science, community and public health, history, sociology/anthropology, philosophy, demography, epidemiology, economics, education, public administration, law);
-English as a written and spoken language and at least a second language among French, Portuguese, Spanish.

Final ranking
In the final evaluation of the candidates and their ranking the academic excellence (degrees, CV, experience, references) will be taken into account for 70% and the research proposal for the other 30 %, it is the reason why a guideline is provided to write it.

If the merits, CV and capacity are equivalent the priority is given to:
-the number and quality knowledge of languages;
-the underrepresented sex.
-To allow a really ranking of academic merits, the grading system for the bachelors of different countries and disciplines will be translated by specialists of each academic system and disciplines as close as possible in diploma supplement term with marks and ranking. Moreover the double bachelor with excellent ranking will have a higher priority than a post graduate.

More info HERE

Leave a Reply