Deadline: open call
Open to: students in the final year of higher education (university or other accredited institution) at graduate or postgraduate level; or recent graduates or postgraduates, i.e. within one year of graduation
Duration: between two to six months
Place: Secretariat in Vienna and the OSCE Office in Prague
The OSCE offers a limited number of places for interns which are filled subject to current needs and facilities of various Departments. The internship usually lasts between two to six months. An internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with the OSCE. The OSCE is not in a position to provide financial assistance to the selected interns.
Interns can support the work of the following offices in the Secretariat in Vienna and the OSCE Office in Prague:
* Office of the Secretary General (Vienna):
Press and Public Information
External Co-operation Section
* Office of the Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings
* Strategic Police Matters Unit (SPMU)
* Action Against Terrorism Unit (ATU)
* Office of the Co-ordinator of OSCE Economic and Environmental Activities (OCEEA)
* Conflict Prevention Centre (CPC)
* Department of Management and Finance (DMF)
* Department of Human Resources (DHR)
* OSCE Documentation Centre (Prague)
and of the following institutions and field operations:
* Office of the Representative on Freedom of the Media (FOM) (Vienna)
* High Commissioner on National Minorities (HCNM) (The Hague)
* OSCE Presence in Albania
* OSCE Office in Yerevan, Armenia
* OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
* OSCE Mission in Kosovo (follow procedure under “contacts” / OSCE Mission in Kosovo)
* OSCE Spillover Monitor Mission to Skopje (for an internship with this Mission, please apply online; link on the right column)
* OSCE Mission to Moldova (interns require working knowledge of either Russian or Romanian)
* OSCE Mission to Serbia (please check the Mission website for a current open vacancy)
* OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine
* OSCE Centre in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Field operations and institutions not listed above are currently not accepting applications for internships at this moment.
* Students in the final year of higher education (university or other accredited institution) at graduate or postgraduate level; or recent graduates or postgraduates, i.e. within one year of graduation.
* The upper age limit for applicants is 30 years.
* Applicants should have a working knowledge of English, both oral and written and computer literacy.
* In addition to these minimal requirements, missions may have additional requirements, listed in brackets after the mission name above.
How to apply
To apply, please download the internship application form , complete it, write a short essay explaining your motivation and send these by post, fax or e-mail to the institution or mission where you wish to apply for the internship (address on the right column of this page). You can add a CV, but no other documents. We recommend that applications be sent well in advance (at least 3 months) before the envisaged period of internship.
Please note that only applicants who succeed in the initial screening will receive a response. Due to the large amount of applications received, telephone, e-mail or telefax enquiries cannot be dealt with.
Only applications made according to the procedure mentioned on this page will be taken into account.
More info HERE