Deadline: 21 January 2011
Open to: People working with Romas, holding a BA in Social Sciences
The open Society Foundations are one of the major non-governmental supporters of the efforts to improve the economic and social inclusion of Roma in Central and South Eastern Europe. For the last 15 years, the Foundations Roma related programs have worked on a wide range of issues, including equal access to quality education, women’s empowerment and gender equity, public health, civic and political participation, media access and development of Roma media, promoting tolerance, cultural diversity, and challenging anti-Roma prejudice.
Now, the Open Society Roma Initiatives in Budapest are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Program Coordinator.
– Review project proposals submitted to the Open Society Roma Initiatives
– Review reports of the projects supported by the Open Society Roma Initiatives
– Facilitate contribution of staff to the grants-making and monitoring
– Organize and implement monitoring visits
– Report about findings of the monitoring visits
– Provide support to operational projects of the Open Society Roma Initiatives
– Provide input to annual report of Open the Society Roma Initiatives and to the network coordination activities of the Open Society Roma Initiatives
– Collects information about activities of the Foundations’ national and local Roma advocacy
– Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
– In-depth knowledge of situation of Roma from Central and South Eastern Europe
– Good communication and organizational skills
– Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social sciences
– Diplomatic and respectful manner and disposition in interacting with senior management, co-workers, grantees, partners, Roma communities and other contacts.
– Excellent command of English (proficient command in Romanes would be considered as an asset)
– Excellent computer skills (proficient usage of Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer) are required
Please send your application, in English, with a motivation letter and a CV to [email protected], indictaing “Program Coordinator – Roma Initiatives” in the subject.