The Campus of Excellence and Ashoka’s Changemakers have launched a new competition for preventing violence against women.
Deadline: 3 March 2010
Under this competition, women’s associations, education groups or grassroots-based NGOs implementing most innovative solution around the world for raising awareness and taking action against gender-based violence will be selected for grant support (for the prize winner) and/or will get an opportunity to participate in the 2010 Campus of Excellence event in Spain (for the prize winner and two runners up).
The competition is open to all types of organizations and the eligibility criteria says that the entries submitted:
* Reflect the theme of the challenge: “Preventing Violence Against Women” Entries must include systemic change solutions that help to prevent sexual, physical, psychological, and emotional abuse of women, and promote the creation of awareness in order to prevent gender-based violence.
* Are either at idea stage or undergoing the implementation stage.
* Have submitted a complete entry form before the deadline.
* Are submitted in English, Spanish, French or Portuguese.
Winners will be selected on the basis of innovation, level of social impact and sustainability of the project undertaken. There are four main stages of the competition;
Competition Deadlines and Procedures
There are four main stages in the competition:
* Entry Stage, January 13-March 3, 2010: Entries can be submitted until 6pm U.S. EST on March 3rd 2010 and throughout this stage anyone can vote and participate in the online discussion with the participants.
* Voting, January 13-March 15, 2010: The Changemakers community will vote online to select the 10 finalists for the judges’ review. The finalists will be announced on March 17th.
* Judges Evaluation, March 22-31, 2010: Experts in the field will assess the 10 finalists and decide on the three winning initiatives.
* Panel of Judges, April 6-7, 2010: The panel of judges will interview selected entrants to provide advice and feedback on their projects.
* Winners announced, April 8, 2010: The judges will select three winning entrants. One grand prizewinner will receive USD $5000 and will be invited to the 2010 Campus of Excellence event in Spain. Two runners up will also receive invitations to the event.
For more information, visit this link.