Open to: applicants from EU and EEA-EFTA states
Fund: € 20 000 plus partial tuition fee waivers
The Erasmus Mundus Masters Program in Public Policy (Mundus MAPP) is a 2-year-long international Masters course that embeds the nascent field of transnational public policy into a European context. It is funded by the European Commission, and operated by a consortium of four leading European institutions:
* the Central European University (CEU) in Budapest (Hungary) as coordinating institution,
* the Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals (IBEI) in Spain;
* the Institute of Social Studies (ISS) of Erasmus University Rotterdam, located in The Hague (Netherlands);
* the University of York in the UK.
The Mundus MAPP study program lasts two years. The first or foundation year is spent either at the ISS, the Netherlands, or at the University of York. Having completed their courses and a thesis students participate in a summer school, and move for a second academic year either at the IBEI or to CEU in Budapest, Hungary. Students undertake an internship normally after the second academic year.
Applicants are required to submit following documents:
1) completed on-line CEU application form
2) two official letters of recommendation – part of the on-line application form
3) electronic version of all higher education academic records – part of the on-line application form (an official English translation of their transcript or an official English translation of their diploma)
Admitted students must, upon acceptance, submit official hard copies of the above documents, as well as
– an official copy of their diploma in the original language with the ink stamp and signature of a notary public or an authorized university official;
– an official copy of their transcript in the original language with the ink stamp and signature of a notary public or an authorized university official.
4) full curriculum vitae or resume, including a list of publications, if any – part of the on-line application form
5) statement of purpose – part of the on-line application form (no more than 500)
6) proof of English proficiency:
The complete application (including English language test scores) has to be submitted by March 16, 2010.
For more detailed information about application process click here.
Eligibility for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
Students who are accepted to Mundus MAPP and come from member states of the EU or EEA-EFTA states (Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein) , or have resided or conducted their main activity in one of those countries for more than 12 months in the past 5 years are eligible for “Category B” scholarships.
The scholarship is offered by the European Commission. The recipients also receive financial support from the Mundus MAPP universities in the form of partial tuition fee waivers (reduced tuition fees).
Candidates who wish to be considered for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship will need to indicate this in the on-line application form. No separate funding application will be necessary.