CIWEM’s (Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management) Environmental Photographer of the Year honours amateur and professional photographers who use their ability to raise awareness of environmental and social issues. The competition encourages entries that are contemporary, creative, resonant, challenging, original and beautiful.
The exhibition is open to all professional and amateur, national and international photographers of all ages working with digital and film photography. However, you must ensure that the image quality meets the competition’s criteria as stated below:
– all entries should be jpegs over 2MB. Your image must be of good enough resolution that it can be printed at the minimum size of approximately A3 (or the equivalent ratio of your image), meaning we require an image to be at 300dpi.
There are six categories:
* Mott MacDonald’s Changing Climates
* Innovation in the Environment (New Category for 2010)
* The Natural World:
* The Underwater World (New Category for 2010)
* Quality of Life
* A View From the Western World (New Category for 2010)
There will be a winner for each category, with one overall winner who will become the Environmental Photographer of the Year. Each picture must be assigned to only one of the categories, but you may enter more than one picture into a category. There is a maximum of seven images per entrant.
The submission email should include the following information:
full Name, address, contact (tel., email.), age if entering the Under 16 or Under 21 categories, camera make and model, ISO, aperture
Where, when and what (you are encouraged to submit as much information as you wish as this may later be used in press releases and during the exhibition) and any other information that you think is relevant to the competition and will enhance your entry
and need to be sent until 31 July 2010 to: [email protected]
The winners will be announced publicly only after all winners have been contacted throughout September 2010 and will receive a share of the £3,500 prize fund.