Open to: Strong academic grade and Arabic and English skills
Fund: Full tuition, housing, health plan fee, travel costs and more
Qatar Faculties of Islamic Studies is to become a locus of thought and dialogue that leads research and debate in all that relates to Islam and Muslims, be that contemporary concerns or issues of heritage; and that produces scholars who are strongly?grounded in Islamic faith, practice, and civilization, and who are open for engaging with all that their civilization produced, and with the wisdom and thought of other civilizations.
QFIS offers several highly competitive scholarships that are designed to attract the best and the brightest graduate students fom around the world. The graduate programs aim to provide you with knowledge and skills based on Islam’s rich legacy as well as its growing contemprary contributions in a variety of academic fields. Scholarship recipients are expected to make valuable contributions to their program of choice and the Faculty more broadly. The QFIS believes that this mutual commitment will produce leaders who are grounded in Islamic values of plurality, tolerance and diversity and as such who are able and willing to serve humanity through infinite paths for dialogue and action.
All countries can apply. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have strong interest and aspirations to contribute to their field of Islamic study. Furthermore, successful applicants should have a strong academic grade of “very Good” (GPA of 3.4 or above) and a strong command of English and Arabic (students are expected to pass an Arabic test within first year of studies; failure to do so may result in scholarship revocation).
His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani Scholarships:
1. Five scholarships for successful applicants to the Msc in Islamic Finance.
2. Five scholarships for successful applicants to the General Diploma in Islamic Studies.
Her Highness Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al Missned Scholarships:
1. Five scholarships for successful applicants to the MA in public Policy in Islam.
2. Five scholarships for successful applicants to the MA in Islamic Studies with a Specialization in Religion & Contemporary Thought.
Sheikh Yousuf Al Qaradawi Scholarships:
1. Five scholarships for successful applicant to the MA in Islamic Studies with a Specialization in Contemporary Fiqh.
Scholarships for international students include:
- Program tuition
- Recreation, phone, internet
- Health plan fee
- Transportation inside & outside Qatar Foundation
Send your application form before 1 april 2010. It also has to include the following documents:
- QFIS Graduate Admission and Scholarship Forms
- Non?refundable application fee of QR100 (International students are exempt)
- Copy of the passport or National ID
- Recognized Bachelor certificate and final official transcript.
- Four recent colored photographs
- Test Score of TOEFL (550) for all Programs, except Diploma in Islamic Studies Score of TOEFL (500)
- Pass Arabic Test (International students will do their Arabic exam when they come to Qatar)
Completed application and further inquiries should be sent to [email protected]
Further information can be found here.