The Kunsthalle Exnergasse in the WUK Werkstätten- und Kulturhaus [House of Artwork and Culture] in Vienna defines itself as an open platform and exhibition space for the presentation and realization of projects belonging to innovative, experimental and contemporary art in its most different formats and forms.
Kunsthalle Exnergasse invites you to submit exhibition proposals for the year 2011.
Corresponding exhibition programmes are decided in a 2-STEP APPLICATION AND REVIEW PROCESS upon by an Advisory Panel in cooperation with Kunsthalle Exnergassse whereby group projects are preferred.
Facilities At Kunsthalle Exnergasse
* 400 m2 space
* mobile wall elements that function as flexible room and display structures
* free budget of € 1.500 for trips, housing and production´
* technical support of 40 person hours to set up and take down the exhibition setting various technical devices
* printing and mailing of 4000 invitation cards and printing of 300 exhibition booklets
* public relations including announcements and website
* photo documentation of the exhibition
* conducting of the opening event
* Kunsthalle Exnergasse and the submitter/organizer of the invited project will together try to raise additional project funds.
Application and Review Process
The application and review proces consists of 2 steps.
Step 1: Open Call for exhibition proposals
Submitted proposals are limited to 600 words maximum and should emphasize and explain the idea behind your exhibition concept. To evaluate the proposals we also ask for short CVs of the person submitting the project (300 words maximum) as well as of the proposed participants in the project (600 words maximum).
Give us the most information you can, but since there is a word limit, try to be brief and concise in your descriptions and arguments. Note: do not send catalogues, DVDs, brochures or folders. These extra materials will not be considered in step 1.
Kunsthalle Exnergasse and the Advisory Panel will review the applications and pre-select a short list of up to 30 project proposals for step 2.
We strongly recommend that you view the Online Form in advance.
Once you have submitted the Online Form, you will not be able to make changes, or resubmit.
Late and incomplete application forms will not be considered.
These pre-selected projects will be invited to submit a more developed proposal including additional material like catalogues, DVDs, videotapes and so on.
Kunsthalle Exnergasse and an Advisory Panel will then make the final selection of 5 to 7 projects.
The selected projects will be presented at Kunsthalle Exnergasse in 2011. All projects in Step 2 will be informed about the results via email.
The application must be sent before 1 march 2010. The form can be found on their website between 1 february and 1 march.
More information can be found here.