The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant-making organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Program Assistant to provide administrative and programmatic support to the Vice President, Programs, Europe and Eurasia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean. This position will also provide support to the Europe and Eurasia section. This non-exempt position is based in Washington, D.C.
Deadline: unknown (the position exists since 24/02/2010)
Specific duties of the Program Assistant will include:
- Assisting the Vice President with general administrative duties;
- Coordinating administration and information exchange between regional grant-making staff and other units of the NED;
- Helping to organizing meetings, roundtables and other events;
- Researching information as requested by the Vice President about potential grantees and current political and third sector developments in the regions;
- Providing support for considering and awarding grants to nongovernmental organizations working on democracy-building programs in the regions, especially Europe and Eurasia
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English and another language, Russian preferred (knowledge of Spanish or French is desirable but not required);
- Knowledge of the political and social issues in the relevant regions;
- Administrative support experience;
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Authorization to work in the US (non-US citizens must possess work authorization that does not require employer sponsorship for a visa).
To apply, send an application to [email protected], with Program Assistant – Europe and Position #1006 in the subject line. Applications must include a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, writing sample, and contact information for three references.
For more information, click here.