Open to: new media artists working in the intersection of new technologies and contemporary art
Arte Association’s Artists’ Residency SUMU offers one- to three month residencies in 2011 to new media artists, working in the intersection of new technologies and contemporary art. The residence is located in Turku, in the South-western coast of Finland.
The residence is for new media artists, working in the intersection of new technologies and contemporary art. This includes performance art and all types of new media: sound art, video art, installations, etc.
* the artist gets up to 200 euros per month for work expenses in Turku;
* studio, accommodation and exhibition space are free of charge;
* the artists have a possibility to give lectures in Arts Academy of Turku and give paid workshops in their chosen field.
The artists must fund all their living expences including food and transportation.
All interested applicant should prepare individual submission, including:
– project plan (short, clear & realistic, max one page)
– short artists statement (max one page)
– CV (max one page)
– DVD / CD including a maximum of 10 minutes worth of samples in PC format
– samples of recent work as print-outs (3 – 5 pieces)
All applicantion documents need to send by 30th April 2010 (postmark) to:
Gallery Titanik / Sumu
Itäinen Rantakatu 8
NB. E-mail or internet applications are not accepted; the submissions will not be returned.
With further queries contact Paula Väinämö, Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
More detailed info