6th – 24th September 2010, Stockholm, Sweden
14th – 25th March 2011, Regional courses
Open to: applicants from Bosnia, Albania, Belarus, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, Macedonia, Serbia, Ukraine.
The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) organizes International Training Programme: Local Environmental Management in Urban Areas. The intention of the programme is to strengthen the participants’ capacity in the field of Local Environmental Management in Urban Areas. A main focus will be to increase participants’ capacity to prioritize given scare resources.
The Program objectives are to to ensure that the participants:
1. Acquire an understanding and knowledge of the general preconditions for local environmental management in urban areas;
2. Are able to implement a project for change to improve the local environmental management in their home countries;
3. Acquire a network for interchange of experiences and support between the participants.
The programme extends over several months, including long-distance mentoring, with a total of four weeks scheduled training activities in both Sweden and the home region of the participants.
* participants from Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Macedonia, Moldova, Ukraine, Serbia and Kosovo;
* participants should hold an academic degree and should have at least three years of relevant practical experience from work in the field of Local Environmental Management;
Participants will receive full scholarship, which means Sida will cover the participation fee, meals and accommodation. Sida will also subsidise the flight to Sweden with 500 USD, all travel costs related to the regional face of the programme will be carried by Sida.
All interested applicants should submit the application form by 25th June 2010.