Deadline: open call
Open to: applicants with Master degree
Fund: applicant will receive a fees and upkeep award
The Institute for German Studies at the University of Birmingham, UK, is looking to appoint a full-time PhD student, as part of the 3-year DAAD-funded research project “Zeitgeist: What does it mean to be German in the 21st century?”
* applicants from the UK or abroad;
* applicants will preferably have or be about to complete a Masters degree;
* excellent German;
* a background in German Studies;
* research interests in the field of contemporary German literature, culture, politics, or society.
The successful applicant will receive a fees and upkeep award equivalent to current AHRC/EHRC studentship rates.
All interested applicants should submit following documents:
1. full CV;
2. a detailed proposal for the PhD project;
3. the names of two academic referees.
With any further queries contact professor mentioned above.
For more information about University Association for Contemporary European Studies click here.