The European Policy Centre is seeking a Programme Assistant (equivalent to a paid internship) for the period July 2010 to July 2011. The successful candidate will provide support for the implementation of Europe’s Political Economy (EPE) Programme.
* Assisting the Chief Economist/Policy Analysts in the planning and organisation of events and meetings, including CHES, the Better Regulation Forum, the Climate Change Adaptation Task Force (to start in the autumn), corporate lunches and activities related to the Well-being 2030 project such as the Economic Policy Forum and the Health Forum.
* Liaising with external experts and members of the different forums and task forces.
* Helping draw up reports and other background material through desk research.
* University degree or equivalent in fields relevant to the programme (Political Economy).
* An understanding of the functioning of EU institutions and knowledge of relevant policies (Previous experience in a think tank or EU/international institution would be considered a plus).
* Fluency in English (oral and written); additional languages a plus.
* Good organisational and social skills.
* Ability to learn quickly.
* Dynamism, adaptability, reliability.
* Ability to work both independently and in a multinational team.
EPC will pay the intern about the equivalent of a trainee grant at the EU institutions.
All interested applicants should submit their motivation letter and CV to MS. Maral Bedrossian at: [email protected]
The application deadline is 15th June 2010.