Rencontres Internationales Paris/Berlin/Madrid: New cinema and contemporary art
Call for: film, video, multimedia entry
Rencontres Internationales Paris/Berlin/Madrid will create a space of discovery and reflection between new cinema and contemporary art. The organizers announces a call for entries for Rencontres Internationales’ that will take place in Paris from 25th November to 4th December 2010, and in Madrid and Berlin in 2011. Those three events will feature an international programming focusing on film, video and multimedia, gathering works of artists and filmmakers recognized on the international scene along with young artists and filmmakers.
The ‘Rencontres Internationales’ offers more than a simple presentation of the works. It introduces an intercultural forum gathering various guests from all over the world – artists and filmmakers, institutions and emerging organizations – to testify to their reflections and their experiences, but also to artistic and cultural contexts that are often undergoing deep changes.
* The call is open to film, video and multimedia proposals, without any restrictions for length or genre.
* All submissions are free, regardless of geographical origin.
* Any individual or organization can submit one or several proposals.
* Works proposed to “Rencontres Internationales” must not have been previously publicly shown in Paris.
Film and video – any film and video format
• Video / Experimental video
• Fiction, exp. fiction / Short, middle and full length
• Documentary, exp. documentary
• Experimental film
• Multimedia installation
• Net art
• Multimedia concert
All interested participants can submit the entry by regular mail:
* fill out the online entry form, print it, sign it and include it in the package with the required documentation (DVD, texts, images, etc. – specifics on what documentation to include can be found on the entry form).
The submission deadline is 10th July 2010.
For more specific information check the FAQ.