The Trieste Contemporanea Committee announces the ninth edition of the International Design Competition Trieste Contemporanea, with the aim of promoting the most original expressions of design from the countries of Central-Eastern Europe.
In a global context of crisis characterized by economic instability and by the inefficiency or inadequacy of the political world to resolve the major social issues, the following is requested: the design of a pocket lucky charm/talisman to carry in all situations that require a vibration of “positivity”, of altruistic courage, of critical spirit, of creativity and of necessary irony.
* open for designers born in countries adhering to the C.E.I. (Albania, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Ukraine) as well as Estonia, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania and Turkey;
* The design of the object has to be of formal contemporary quality; the contestant will have to conceive it in a size suitable to be carried in a pocket, and can be designed to be made of any material.
* All projects presented are to be new and developed expressly for the International Design Competition Trieste Contemporanea.
For more specific information about the technical details of the proposal check the requirements and terms.
The jury will select a number of projects which will be shown in an exhibition organized in Trieste and published in the online catalogue provided.
* BEBA PRIZE for the youngest designer among those selected: Euro 1000,00.
* C.E.I. PRIZE for the best designer from one of the C.E.I. countries not part of the European Union: Euro 3000,00.
* GILLO DORFLES PRIZE – TRIESTE CONTEMPORANEA DESIGN 2010 for the best project: Euro 4000,00.
All interested participant should apply using the online registration:
1. completing the first page of application with the personal information
2. uploading the tables of the project (up to a maximum of 3 JPG or PDF files)
3. giving a brief description of the project.
The submission deadline is 31st Ausgust 2010.
The initiative is under the patronage of the C.E.I. Central European Initiative and sponsored by the Regione Autonoma Friuli Venezia Giulia.