The Simultan Festival is an annual festival for media art, video, experimental music and a/v projects.The festival wishes to sustain and to stimulate the creative ways of the most modern visions of perceiving and recording the cultural realities in contemporary art. It presents the current processes and the way in which technology and society give rise to new forms of artistic expression by using the new media.
Based on a different theme every year, the festival presents video art projections, music live performances, interdisciplinary works, installations, lectures.
This year’s edition runs under the theme ‘Past Continuous. Future Perfect.’ and will take place between 30sept – 2oct. 2010, in Timisoara, Romania.
Terms of entry
Simultan is open for submissions of innovative works, which use technology in a creative, ingenious way or are based on a peculiar, unusual story.
– experimental video
– motion graphics and generative video based on sound and image manipulations
Those interested may apply with a maximum number of 2 works; each of them must not exceed 5 minutes in length.
Works must be sent in 720×576 avi or quicktime format, with dv-pal compression and 48kh sound, on DVD (data!)
Works will be submitted by mail, together with:
- the filled in and signed application form – a separate copy for each work (in hard copy and in digital version on a CD)
- 3-4 still images from each video, in jpg format – minimum size 720×576 pixels (on a CD)
- a CV and a photo of the artist (optional)
Asociatia Simultan / Levente Kozma /
OP.1 – CP.577, Timisoara, Romania
The deadline for submission is: 30 July 2010 [postmark]
All works will be watched and selected by a jury. Only those accepted will become part of the screening programme. The decision of the jury is final.
After the event, a DVD/catalogue will be published with a selection of participating works.
Each of the admitted participants will receive a DVD/catalogue by the end of 2010.
– all selected works may be used in other presentations or partner events with the aim of promoting the Simultan Festival, but not for commercial purposes.
– submitted works will not be returned, but stored in the Simultan Association archive.
– the organisers reserve the right to make changes in the program.
– no entry fee!