Open to: Applicants with Master Degree in Arts (M.F.A) and three years of continuous work.
Fund: 1,200 € a month.
Artists’ residence Künstlerhaus Schloß Balmoral in Bad Ems, Foundation for Culture of Rhineland-Palatinate, which was founded in 1995, is a place of reflection, artistic production, discussion and meeting. It supports visual artists from the disciplines of painting, sculpture, installation, drawing, graphic arts, design, photography, video as well as from new media and landscape art from all over the world by awarding artists-in-residence scholarships. The yearly term of residence begins in April.
* The preconditions are a completed course of study in art (M.F.A.) and three years of continuous artistic work after the conclusion of studies until the beginning of the fellowship.
* Applications are also possible for autodidacts distinguished by special artistic achievements, as documented by exhibitions and prizes.
* One of the conditions is that holders spend at least two thirds of the period stated at Balmoral.
Balmoral Scholarships are awarded for the period of six months. They are endowed with 1,200 € a month.The scholarship holders dispose of a furnished living/bedroom with shower/WC and a studio including electricity, water and heating. Each apartment is equipped with an individual telephone and internet access. If required, the room is also wired up for radio and television. Due to the historical condition of the building, the apartments and studios in terms of their size and equipment are normally only suitable for one single person. The lounge, the dining room and the kitchen are for joint use. Pets are not admitted.
The scholarship holders can make use of the in-house facilities for free, especially of the
• wood workshop
• video laboratory Windows XP Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro (in German and English) + Avid Express (in English), DVD writer, video-edit recorder
• library and reading room with approx. 5,500 books, particularly on modern and contemporary art and the most important art magazines.
For all scholarships offered the following documents – no originals! – have to be submitted by mail in German, English or French:
– one passport photo
– a CV including your artistic career history and previous grants
– a statement of reasons why you have chosen this scholarship and an illustration of your objectives during your intended residence (maximum one A4 page)
– at least 10, but not more than 20 photos or other images of your artistic works (no slides, no photo CDs, no MAC data CDs), max A4 size
– explanations to the submitted works, one A4 page maximum (optional)
– at most three exhibition catalogues (collective catalogues only if your works cannot be presented in a different way)
– at most three video cassettes (VHS) or DVDs, each recording no longer than 15 min.
The application materials should not exceed a total weight of 2 kg incl. packing.
Applications by e-mail will not be accepted.
Please, only use the application form (pdf download).
Send your application to:
Künstlerhaus Schloß Balmoral
D-56130 Bad Ems
We will acknowlege receipt by e-mail.
The application deadline is 02/07/2010
For more information click here.