The European Commission’s Lorenzo Natali Prize has been established to reward journalists committed to Human Rights, Democracy and Development. The Prize has been organized in partnership with some of the most prestigious world press associations such as the Reporters Without Borders and World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers.
Print, online, radio or television journalists covering issues in development, democracy or human rights and have published works printed or aired between 1 July 2009 and 30 June 2010 can enter this international competition. Journalists from around the world except Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand and the United States can apply for the Prize. There is one prize (comprising of three awards-first, second and third) for each of the following five regions
* The Arab World, Iran and Israel
* Asia and the Pacific
* Latin America and the Caribbean
Awards carry cash prizes of up to 5000 euros for the first prize winner, 2500 euros for second and 1500 euros for the third and they will be special guests of the European Commission in Europe. There will be a prize ceremony held in their honor in the presence of Andris Piebalgs, European Commissioner for Development in December 2010 in Brussels.
How to apply
– Visit the website and fill in the online registration form and submit an electronic version of your work
– Send the registration form by fax: 00 33 1 4004 9612
– Send by mail: ProPager – Prix Lorenzo Natali – 70, boulevard de Reuilly – 75012 Paris – France
For more information, visit this link.