Trans is a prefix which means to go beyond, get across, cross, exchange, change and convert. The Residence Program provides a time and place for artists to experience new encounters and carry out experiments for their future projects. The aim of the Residence Support Program is to support young artists’ experimental artistic activities, crossing the borders of art disciplines and nationalities.
* 11 January – 21 March, 2011 [70days]
Number of applicants accepted:
* 2 artists of any nationality living outside Japan, 1 artist living in Japan or living abroad with Japanese nationality
* Groups of 2 artists may apply, but no larger
* Artists cannot be accompanied by anyone including family and collaborator.
* Young and emerging artists [under 40 years old]
* Artists who are able to stay at AIAV for the designated period of time
* Artists who are able to produce results of his or her residence activities, e.g. exhibitions, performances, concerts or presentations
* Artists who are able to communicate with local people and participate in the exchange program, e.g. talks, lectures and workshops in English
* Artists who are supportive in providing materials for publicity and archiving in accordance with AIAV’s requirement
* Artists who are able to participate in education programs at local school and university
* Travel expenses: round trip from your address to AIAV (international flight tickets should be return: single tickets cannot be accepted)
* Accommodation at AIAV
* Studio (there are various types of studios: the allocation of studio is decided by AIAV)
* Production expenses = 230,000 yen (individual) / 280,000 yen (group) *subject to change
* Per diem = 2,800yen × day (subject to change)
* Insurance (only basic injury or illness will be covered, therefore, it is advisable to have your own insurance
* Applicants should fill in all the required fields in the application form (photocopies or other formats are also accepted as long as the necessary information is provided).
* Submit your CV in English (typed) and portfolio with descriptions of each work (see the application for details).
* If you have publications, articles and reviews on your work, you may attach them.
*None of the items you submit can be returned.
*We will not accept applications via e-mail, telephone or fax.
* The application deadline is 31/07/2010.
Applications should be sent to:
Akiyoshidai International Art Village Residence Program: trans_2010-2011
50 Akiyoshi, Shuho-cho, Mine-shi, Yamaguchi 754-0511 JAPAN
Any further queries should be addressed to email@example.com.
For additional information click here