Deadline: varies according to traineeships period(closest 15/08/2010)
The European Parliament offers translation traineeships in its Secretariat in order to contribute to the vocational training of young citizens, and to the understanding of the working of the institution.
* citizenship of a EU country, or a country in application process
* age of 18 or more on the starting day of the traineeship
* not have been a participant or receiver of any previous traineeships/paid positions in any of the EU institutions
1.Paid Translation Traineeship
* have a university degree after a course or study of at least three years’ duration;
* have a perfect knowledge of one of the official languages of the EU or of the official language of an applicant country, and a thorough knowledge of two others.
b)Dates and duration:
1 January (deadline 15/08/2010)
1 April (deadline 15/11/2010)
1 July (deadline 15/02/2011)
1 October (deadline 15/05/2011)
The duration of the traineeship is 3 months
2.Unpaid Translation Traineeship
*Applicants for unpaid translation traineeships must have perfect knowledge of one of the official languages of the EU or of the official language of an applicant country, and a good knowledge of two others.
*the traineeship must:
– form part of a course of study at a university or at an educational establishment of an equivalent standard,
– form one component of a high-level vocational training course organized by a non-profit making body (in particular, public institutes or bodies)
– be a requirement governing access to a profession.
The dates and duration of the unpaid traineeship are the same as the date of the paid traineeship.
* European Parliament Paid Traineeships: Regulation and application forms
* European Parliament Unpaid Traineeships: Regulation and application forms
European Parliament – Translation Traineeships Service
Service des stages de traducteurs
fax: +352 / 43 00 277 77
For more information click here