Open to: applicants with Master in Philosophy with a clear and demonstrable interest in political philosophy
Fund: employment as full-time doctoral researcher
The Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies are looking for a Research Assistant.
K.U.Leuven Centre of Excellence, hosts a 7-year research programme on ‘Global Governance and Democratic Government’ (2010-2017). This research programme aims at the construction of a new paradigm for democratic global governance. K.U.Leuven offers an employment as full-time doctoral researcher starting on 1 November for 1 year, renewable up to 4 years.
* You obtained a Master in Philosophy with a clear and demonstrable interest in political philosophy.
* You have excellent command of English.
* Foreign experience and knowledge – preferably an additional degree – of law, linguistics, political science or sociology are a plus.
* During your studies you obtained excellent results from a leading university.
* You are open to interdisciplinary research.
* You are able to work in a research team involving junior and senior colleagues and can organize your own activities.
* You are able to handle stress and deadlines and are familiar with multi-tasking.
Opportunities at K.U.Leuven
• You are part of an interdisciplinary group of scholars conducting research on ‘Global Governance and Democratic Government’.
• You conduct doctoral research – as part of the research programme on ‘Global Governance and Democratic Government’ – in the area of political philosophy.
• You specialize in political philosophy, with emphasis on democratic theory. In particular, you explore the theoretical preconditions of democratic representation. To do so, you will develop in particular expertise in contemporary continental political theory. Your analysis will serve as the theoretical backdrop for the construction of a paradigm for global governance practices which satisfy the demands of democracy and justice.
• You publish and hold presentations on topics related to the political philosophy of democratic representation.
• Within a four-year time span, your academic research will result in the submission and defence of a PhD-dissertation.
For more information about the job description contact Prof. Dr. Antoon Braeckman, [email protected]