Open to: young international researchers/ academics working in the fields of humanities, social studies, and economics
Fund: monthly stipend of 600 euros ( + travel and accomodation expenses)
New Europe College – Institute for Advanced Study in Bucharest, Romania – announces the competition for Fellowships for the academic year 2011-12. The program targets young international researchers/ academics working in the fields of humanities, social studies, and economics. The Fellows are expected to work on their own projects,and take part in the scientific events organized by the New Europe College. At the end of their Fellowship, each Fellow is expected to hand in a research paper, reflecting the results of his/her work over the duration of the Fellowship. The papers will be included in a NEC publication.
-Applicants must be doctoral students in an advanced stage of their research, or hold a Ph.D. title
-Preference is given to candidates under the age of 40, and to those who have not yet benefited from a NEC Fellowship
-Working languages: English, French, and German
*A good command of English is desirable.
Duration of the Fellowship
1. a full academic year (10 months, October through July)
2. a one-term fellowship (October through February, or March through July).
*This second possibility is open only to international fellows.
– a monthly stipend of 600 Euro (tax free)
– international transportation to and from the home country of the Fellows at the beginning and the end of the Fellowship, as well as for season holidays
* The Fellows who stay for the whole academic year are offered a one-month research trip abroad to an institution of their choice (2,600 Euro for transportation,
accommodation, and per diem). As an alternative, they can opt for a field research, in Romania or outside it.
All interested applicants should submit the following documents:
– Online application form ( completed in English, French, or German)
– A recent photo
– At least 2 original letters of reference (in English, French, or German) written explicitly in support of your application for the NEC International Fellowship
Program 2011-12. The recommendations should be mailed by the referees directly to the New Europe College (str. Plantelor 21, 023971 Bucharest, Romania)
– Document(s) proving that the applicant is enrolled in a Ph.D. program or holds the Ph.D. title
Applications should be submitted in electronic format only, to the address: [email protected] nec.ro
* Candidates are asked to enter in the Subject field of their e-mail message ”NEC International Fellowship”.
The deadline for the submission of applications is November 15, 2010. The applicants will be notified on the results of the pre-selection at the beginning of the
month of March, by e-mail. The shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview, organized at the NEC in Bucharest, on April 8-10, 2011.
* INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION