Open to: experienced human rights defenders
Scholarship: all necessary funding for the proposed project
The purpose of the Fellowship program is to offer a possibility for human rights defenders at risk to take some time out from their normal work to undertake a project which will further develop their capacities and contribute to the protection of human rights defenders internationally.
People eligible for this project are established human rights activists, who have experience in the particular area.
How to apply
In order to apply the candidate must submit the following documents:
– the candidate’s experience as a human rights defender and details of their current role
– details of any threats, harassment, detention, ill-treatment or other negative consequences faced as a result of the candidate’s human rights work
– a proposal of a project or skills to work on
– topics the candidate would particularly like to study as part of the fellowship;
– requested location and why (please explain why the suggested location is important for the success of the project)
– period of time required and why
– how the candidate will use the experience on the fellowship in their human rights work when they return home
– how participation will contribute to the strengthened protection of human rights defenders nationally/internationally.
The full application should be sent out to Tara@frontlinedefenders.org
For more information visit the official site