Minorities of Europe invites you to participate on study session: Migration and Youth in Europe – New Realities and Challenges, which will take place from November 28 – December 5, 2010 in Budapest.
Minorities of Europe (MoE) is a pan-European minority youth platform which seeks to support and assist the co-operation, solidarity and exchange between different minority communities and young people in Europe. MoE’s main international activities are: training courses, study sessions, seminars, youth exchanges and other activities in which young people are involved, especially those ones from minority background.
All participants must:
* be project managers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Youth Policy Makers, Youth workers;
* have experience in the topics of the study session
* be highly motivated to participate and contribute to the event and to implementation of its results
* be ready and able to work as multipliers
* be aged between 20 and 30
* be able to attend the full duration of the training course
* be able to work in English
* reside in a Council of Europe Member State
Study Session objectives
* To exchange and analyse practice and experience, methodologies and approaches of youth work in the field of migration
* To review the opportunities provided by Council of Europe, European Youth Centres and European Youth Foundation in the field of migration and youth work
* To improve youth workers’ skills in tackling migration and integration with young people
* To develop an understanding of different aspects of migration and the relations in the context of class, race, north-south, east – west and EU/non-EU relations
* To develop new projects related to integration of young people from immigrant background
* To build new partnerships between participating organisations
* To develop a European work programme of youth projects dedicated to migration
An enrollment fee of 50 Euros is payable by each participant, aditionally travel and visa expenses will be fully reimbursed.
All interested applicant should fill in the application form and submit it to: [email protected]
The application deadline is 10th September 2010.
The team will notify successful applicants by October 4, 2010. Please note that due to the usually high number of applicants we will only be able to inform selected participants.
Organizer: Minorities of Europe