Deadline: 05/12/2010 and 10/02/2011 depending on country of residence
Open to: applicants with Bachelors degree with outstanding grades and other study results
The European Master of Science Programme in International Health is a one year, full-time study programme taught in English excepted in Mexico (in spanish). The main objective of the programme is to raise awareness of current global health concerns. Students become qualified to identify and critically analyse key factors shaping the health and well-being of populations in low- and middle-income countries and to formulate effective and appropriate responses to complex health-related issues.
The tropEd EMMC is offered by 7 European Institutions, and 3 Third Country Institutions, each contributing with Specific expertise in a particular area of International Health:
* Kobenhavns Universitet, Denmark
* Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux2, France
* Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Freie Universität Berlin und Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany
* Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública, Mexico
* Vrije University Amsterdam, Netherlands
* Universitetet i Bergen, Norway
* University of Cape Town, South Africa
* Khon Kaen University, Thailand
* University College London, United Kingdom
* Queen Margaret University, United Kingdom
5 study tracks are offered for this degree and reflect the strengths of the consortium institutions:
* DISEASE CONTROL
* HEALTH SYSTEMS, HEALTH POLICY & MANAGEMENT
* SEXUAL & REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
* CHILD HEALTH
* HEALTH RESEARCH METHODS
Category A: applicants from a Third Country (all countries of the world excepted the 27 EU Member States, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) and who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc …) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of these countries.
1. Contribution to travel, installation and any other type of costs: € 4000
2. Contribution to the EMMC participation costs (including insurance coverage): € 4000 / semester
3. Monthly allowance: € 1000 / month
Category B: all applicants who do not fulfil the Category A criteria defined above.
1. Contribution to the EMMC participation costs (including insurance coverage): € 2000 / semester
2. Monthly allowance: € 500 / month
3. + Contribution to travel, installation and any other type of costs: € 3000 (if you are an EU student carrying studies outside the EU (Category B)
* applicants with Bachelors degree with outstanding grades and/or other study results;
* 2 years relevant professional experience ( *1 year for Category B)
* Internationally recognised English proficiency certificate equivalent to TOEFL score of 550/213/79-80 or IELTS score 6.0.
* Strongly convincing letter/statement of motivation/statement of intent, including a career plan;
* Excellent recommendations by one academic and one professional referee;
* Well-developed thesis proposal.
Category A application
The deadline is 5th December 2010.
The deadline is 10th February 2011.
Complete and return this form with the all the required documents to the following address:
tropEd Erasmus Mundus Secretariat
DAERI – case 143, 146 rue Leo Saignat
F-33076 Bordeaux, France
With any further queries contact: [email protected]