Open to: Participants from ALL EU COUNTRIES and also Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Norway and Turkey
Fee: there is no participation fee. Accommodation and food are provided by the organisers.
Date: 06 – 13/03/2011
With the support of the European Commission, DG Education and Culture, Lifelong Learning programme, GRUNDTVIG the NGO FORMARE STUDIA, in Romania, is currently receiving applications to its international workshop Engaging as Active Citizens in Development Education.
The NGO „Formare Studia” Association was founded with the purpose to support the persons with special needs in education, encouraging lifelong learning and supplying professional training programs. The organisation aims at supporting people with special needs in gaining access to education and integrating better in the society, motivating young people and adults to involve in learning activities, volunteer activities in order to gain knowledge, help the community and gain new skills.
Themes of discussion:
– Active citizenship – a European Perspective
– European Decision Making Process – getting the citizens involved
– Official Development Assistance – people matter
– Be an active citizens – act for development against poverty and social exclusion!
– Development education
– The concept of development education as applied in different countries
– What are the challenges to development education?
– Working together for development education – the EU is helping you!( EU funding schemes and networks)
– Working in groups for an advocacy campaign for development education
– Lectures from trainers, individual and group presentations, group discussions, study visits to the AL. I. CUZA University Iasi and rainstorming activities;
– Best practices on engaging as active citizenship in development education in various countries.
– Sharing experiences from various member states on development issues, development education programs, the concept of Quality in Development Education
– Creation of two advocacy campaigns to help fighting poverty, social exclusion and help development education to be launched and implemented in participants countries and used also over the internet through Formare Studia web portal.
– Creating a network of adult learners who can further work together for future projects as active citizens in Development Education, as an important step in building capacity for development .
Working Language: English
Expected number of participants: 12
Costs: There is no participation fee. Accommodation and food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) are provided by the organisers. Please note that the travel expenses from your departure city to Iasi, will be reimbursed within the limit of 398 EUR based on the least expensive airfare. Note that participants from the host country, Romania, are also welcomed to apply and participate, but they cannot receive financial support.
Application: send the application form duly completed and signed by email at [email protected]
For any other information or details please contact the Project Manager Smaranda Sandulescu [email protected]
The application deadline is 20th December 2010.