Open to: graduates in Communications, Public Relations and Journalism
Duration: 6 months
Allowance: about 525 Euro per month
CLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is a worldwide association of more than 1,200 metropolitan regions, cities, towns, counties and municipal associations in 70 countries that are dedicated to implementing sustainable development. We work in a highly multicultural environment and in a truly global fashion with partners around the globe.
We are offering a Post-graduate Internship in Communications in the World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany. To support ICLEI’s global communications work.
– support the communications team in general with internal and external
– researching and writing communications materials
– assisting with website maintenance, web content and online newsletters
– supporting the planning and coordinating of direct mail campaigns
– maintaining media relations and developing the basis for furthering media outreach by researching targeted media contacts, publications and associations
– maintaining and expanding the publications and media library
– degree in a relevant subject such as Communications, Public Relations,
Journalism; or with a strong interest and some experience in communications work with a degree in Politics, Public Policy, International Relations/Development or similar
– very good oral and written communication and attention to detail
– ability to research and write original content for a diverse range of communication products and needs (internal/external, print, online, press work etc.)
– creative, motivated and pro-active attitude
– organized working style and ability to follow through,
– excellent English (written and spoken); proficiency in another language is considered as an additional asset
– computer skills: Office packages; experience with web content management (preferably Typo 3), experience with databases would be an advantage
Terms and conditions
– The internship position is available from November 2010 at the ICLEI World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany. The duration will be six months. The internship is within ICLEI’s Communication team, the intern reports to the Manager Communications & Dialogues;
– ICLEI offers interns a cost compensation of Euro 640, i.e., about Euro 525 after tax and social insurance fees;
– Workings hours: 40h per week; 2 days of paid leave per month (i.e., 12 days for six months internship);
– Working language: English;
– Non-EU citizens are also welcome to apply provided they have the possibility of being granted an EU work permit prior to the start of the internship.
Send an e-mail to [email protected] or a fax to +49–228 / 97 62 99 01, with “Communications internship” in the subject line, and do not forget to include the following elements:
– a letter of motivation
– your CV (3 pages at most) with photo
– indication of citizenship (and if non-EU, whether you are holder of a work permit for Germany)
Accommodation: during the first days in Bonn, the intern has the possibility to stay in a modest accommodation at ICLEI. Additionally, ICLEI staff is willing to support the Intern in finding suitable accommodation. The average cost for rent of a room in Bonn is around 250-300 Euro per month in a shared living arrangement.
The deadline fot the application is 20th October 2010.