Deadline: 01/03/ 2011
Open to: anyone who wants to produce an animated film
Fee: no fee
Award: 3000 Eur
The 21st World Festival of Animated Film – Animafest Zagreb is an international competition festival for feature animated films that will be held in Zagreb from 31 May – 05 June 2011.Animafest is fully recognized by the International Association of Animated Film (ASIFA). Any animated production realized in accordance with the definition of animation as formulated by ASIFA (“The Art of animation is the creation of moving images through the manipulation of all varieties of techniques apart from live action methods”).
* Running time: 60 minutes or longer.
* Over 50% of the production must consist of animated sequences.
* It must be presented in 35 mm, 16mm, Betacam SP PAL, Digital Betacam PAL format or HD Cam format.
* Competing animated features must have been completed in 2009 or after and never previously entered at Animafest
* Animated feature films completed in 2009, 2010 or 2011 with a running time of 60 minutes or longer are eligible to apply.
* Films selected for Animafest program must be in Zagreb not later than 15 May 2011.
* One entry form is required for each work submitted.
* Films submitted for selection must be presented on DVD PAL (All Regions) and sent to Animafest office.
* Films with dialogues or narration other than English must have English subtitles.
* The submitted works must be in the final edited version. Works in progress will not be considered.
* Preview DVDs will not be returned, but will be included in Animafest library.
* Festival keeps the right to use the films and consult them at leisure, for strictly non-commercial, educational purposes.
* The list of films selected for the competition or non-competition program will be announced at Animafest’s official web site not later than 15 April 2011.
After filling in and submitting the entry form online it is necessary to send its printed and signed version together with the preview DVD (PAL) of the film and with other required materials on a CD or DVD to Animafest office. Unsigned entry forms will not be accepted.
Documents to be enclosed on a CD or DVD and sent together with the preview DVD of the film are:
1. Directors’ biography, filmography and list of awards
2. Director’s photograph
3. 4 film stills (300dpi)
4. Dialogue list in English
5. Synopsis for the official festival catalogue
6. Press kit (optional)
Films submitted for selection must be sent to the following address:
Animafest Zagreb – World Festival of Animated Film
c/o Hulahop Ltd
Nova Ves 18/3
10 000 Zagreb
* Grand Award (best feature film in competition) – €3000, festival statue and diploma, honorary presidency at the next Animated feature competition 2013
* Special Prize at the discretion of the Jury
* Audience Award
Note: the official deadline is on 1st March 2011.