Deadline: 7 November, 2010
Open to: Journalists, critics and writers on performing arts
Venue/Dates: London 26-29 January 2011; Prague, 22–25 June 2011
We are looking for writers (critics, journalists) in the field of performing arts (theatre, dance, performance art, street theatre and circus performance, not music) who have at least three years of professional experience and publications of their works. SPACE (www.spaceproject.eu) is providing a mobile European training program for critics, journalists, theoreticians, who are writing about performing arts and who want to deepen their knowledge base and analyse and improve their work within an international context.
We are looking for 20 individuals who will undergo a training program made up of 2 sessions (each lasting 4 days), and taking place in 2 European countries. The group will have one coordinator following the two sessions and two moderators for each session who will participate in discussions and support the participants in developing their visions.
In addition, participants will be offered the chance to get to know different forms of performing arts through theatre festivals (London), performances (London and Prague), and also through an exhibition of performance design and space (Prague), where scenography will be presented as a discipline existing in between the visual and performing arts. Some of the works produced by the participants related to the training program could be included in a specific publication, coordinated and published by TEAM Network, at the end of 2011.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- At least 3 years of professional experience as writer (critic, journalist, theoretician) for the performing arts, meant as at least three years of publication of works.
- Still active in writing and currently publishing their works.
- Living and/or working within one of the countries in Europe (geographically).
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Applicants should submit their application and supporting documents in English and should expect a telephone conversation in English as part of the final selection process.
In order to apply, candidates must electronically send the following documents in English to [email protected] into November 7th 2010, h.24.00 CET:
- A completed application form (download here)
- A list – including date – of their published articles
- Professional CV
- An article written by the applicant, in its original language, with minimum 300 words translated in English
- An accompanying letter explaining their motivation for joining the training programme, their expectation of the benefit that the training may bring to their professional life over the long term, and the value they can bring into the group.
- Confirmation of their availability for, and commitment to, the dates and duration of the training programme (included in the application form)
In the selection of candidates we will take into account the geographic and cultural diversity of Europe and be aware that the group of journalists corresponds to these circumstances. Candidates will be informed within one month of the deadline whether they have been selected or not. The training program will be conducted in English.
- Enrollment fee for the whole training programme (2 sessions): 500 €
- The fee is due into January 19th 2011
- International travels of the participants will be arranged and paid by the organisers (local transportation within the participants’ country are at her/his charge).
- Accommodation and meals will be provided and paid for by the organisers.
- Few scholarships are available to successful applicants who can provide proof of hardship and who are unable to rise funding elsewhere