Deadline: 15 December 2010
Open to: individuals, organizations, and institutions that are active on Women’s Rights
Award: a gold medal and $500,000
The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation is accepting nominations for the Women’s Rights Prize. The Women’s Rights Prize honors individuals who have made significant contributions to human rights that advance the rights of women and girls around the world. To stifle even a single segment of a population is to shortchange the whole of humanity; to help liberate that segment is to contribute to universal human progress.
Only candidates who have been officially nominated on a fully completed nomination form will be considered for a Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation International Prize.
Who can be nominated
Individuals or groups that have made contributions, often at personal or professional risk, to furthering the rights of women and girls in any area, and to advancing gender equity
Who can nominate
Individuals, organizations, and institutions that are active in or have an appreciation for contemporary events in the field of Women’s Rights.
How to nominate
* Nominations must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae WITHOUT a full list of publications, if an individual is nominated. If the nominee is an organization, a profile may be attached instead, but is not required.
* Nominations need not be on the actual nomination form, but must be presented precisely in the order and format as prescribed on the form and be accompanied by all supporting documents.*
We prefer that all nominations are submitted electronically. In the event that this is impossible, please print and complete the Women’s Rights Prize Nomination Form and fax or mail it to: [email protected]g or The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, 140 W 57th St Suite 10C, New York, NY 10019 USA
What to include in a nomination
- a completed nomination form
- a current curriculum vitae WITHOUT a full list of publications, if an individual is nominated. If the nominee is an organization, a profile may be attached instead, but is not required.
- if the nominee makes the Selection Advisory Board’s short list, three letters of support from individuals outside the nominee’s own institution or organization may be solicited
The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation
Phone: 212-247-8484 ext. 204
E-mail: [email protected]g