Deadline: 28 January 2011
Open to: EU and Non-EU students
Erasmus Mundus CIMET International Master Programme, Recruitment for 2010-2012 applicants (students and scholars) Master Course “Color in Informatics and Media Technology” (CIMET).
The CIMET consortium is composed of:
* University of Saint-Etienne (France)
* University of Eastern Finland (Finland)
* University of Granada (Spain)
* University College Gjovik (Norway)
and delivers the two-year Master programme entitled “Color in Informatics and Media Technology” (CIMET) under the prestigious Erasmus Mundus programme.
CIMET is a two-year Master course (120 ECTS) with an interdisciplinary approach on the field of color science and technology, it encompasses photonics, computer vision and imaging science, computer science and multimedia technology as a mix of relevant theoretical and practical knowledge. CIMET is part of the prestigious Erasmus Mundus programme, and has launched its campaign to recruit students and visiting scholars (Phd minimum) for the 2010-2012 programme.
The programme requests high mobility, but it is possible to mainly study in one host university and attend only one semester in another university. All courses are given in English throughout the consortium. To qualify for admission, applicants must have a Bachelor degree (180 ECTS) in computer science, physics, mathematics or similar field.
The CIMET consortium is also able to host academics specialized in the fields of optics, colour, image and media technology. Scholars (PhD minimum) will be expected to contribute to the teaching of one compulsory course or one optional specialization course, under the direction of a permanent teacher at the host institution. Those Non-EU visiting scholars, if selected, can benefit from an attractive fellowship.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship and Fellowship:
* Student category A, for International Students (Non-EU): 48,000€ for the two-year course.
* Student category B, for EU Students or Non-EU students who have stayed more than 12 months in the EU: from 20,000€ to 23,000€ for the two-year course.
* Scholar fellowship: from 2400€ for a two-week stay to a maximum of 14,800 for a 3 months stay.
* CIMET tuition fees: EU student: 8,000€ for the two-year course
* Non-EU students: 16,000€ for the two-year course
* CIMET Consortium scholarship: Certain selected students (EU/non-EU) obtain a 50% discount on the CIMET tuition fees.
For more information about the application process see here.
Deadlines for application to the course and /or scholarships (students) and fellowship (visiting scholars) are: 28th of January 2011
For further queries or questions you may contact us directly at: [email protected]