Deadline: 16 January 2011
Open to: students in their 1st year of Master’s study, holders of a Masters degree (for PhD candidates)
Scholarship: 1000 euros/month
Scholarship Programme of the ENS Cachan is aimed at foreign students who are currently studying or have studied and obtained their most recent qualification outside of France.
This programme is aimed at students wishing to apply for a second year Research Master (RM2) or for a PhD in order to follow or pursue their research training in one of the departments or laboratories of the ENS Cachan. Priority is given to students who wish to undertake a complete second year of Research Master or a joint PhD (“cotutelle”).
These grants are awarded for a minimum period of one semester (six months) and a maximum period of 12 months not renewable.
This Scholarship Programme is open to students of all nationalities. However, priority is given to candidates from European countries, Maghreb countries, Brazil, Canada, India, Japan, Mexico, Taiwan, the United States, Vietnam.
* Master’s degree candidates must justify of a 1st year of master’s degree or equivalent obtained outside of France
* PhD candidates must have a minimum qualification of master’s degree or equivalent obtained outside France or be following a PhD outside of France
* Sciences: applied mathematics, computer sciences, physics, chemistry, biology
* Engineering: applied physics, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering
* Social sciences and humanities: sociology, history, economics, management and law, design, educational sciences
The grant amounts to 1000 euros/month, for a duration of stay of 6 to 12 months.
The selection is made in two steps : pre-selection and final selection. In order to participate in the programme, candidates are required to apply online here.
Application deadline: January 16th , 2011
Candidates pre-selected at Stage 1 will receive an e-mail before February 20th 2011 that will give them access to the appropriate application materials for final selection.
Ecole normale supérieure de Cachan
61, Avenue du Président Wilson
94235 Cachan cedex – France
E-mail: boursi10 [AT] ens-cachan.fr