Deadline: 15 February
Open to: graduates (Bachelors, Masters) from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Ukraine
Scholarship: 700 €/month
The Bavarian ministry for science, research and art will sponsor scholarships for the academic year 2011/12. Graduates from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Ukraine are eligible to apply. The scholarships are meant to finance doctoral or postgraduate studies at Bavarian universities. One year scholarships can be extended twice for up to 3 years.
The scholarship is paid out monthly (700 €) and amounts to 8400 € per year. Students with children or an unemployed partner and at least one child receive 860 € per month, which amounts to 10320 € per year. Candidates should send their documents to the address specified in the application forms.
Usually you don’t have to apply at the university beforehand. You should apply only if the subject you want to study has restricted admission in Bavaria, which is the case with many masters programs.
Attention! Your application for a BAYHOST scholarship and an application for a masters program (or any
other with restricted admission) are two different applications to two different institutions! Your admission to a masters program (or any other) doesn’t mean that you automatically receive a BAYHOST scholarship. Also, if you receive a scholarship from BAYHOST it doesn’t mean that you will be admitted to a restricted admission program at the university. Therefore, it is strongly advised to apply to several universities and for several scholarship programs.
After filling out the online application form, you have to send these documents:
For First Time Applications:
1. certified proficiency of German language
2. an above average university degree (certified copy as well as certified German translation of the document)
3. proof of nationality (copy of passport or identity card)
4. letter of endorsement (Betreuungszusage) from a Professor (or the course coordinator of a Masters programme) of a Bavarian university ( can also be sent directly to BAYHOST by the professor or coordinator)
5. CV (personal data sheet) in German and with a passport photo
6. letter of motivation, in which you state the reasons for undertaking your planned studies (1-2 pages)
7. for PhDs: a project draft (2 pages) as well as a time schedule for the complete project
8. if applicable: marriage certificate, birth certificate of a child (in case family allowance should be applied for) both as a certified copy and with a certified German translation
Deadline for first time applications: 15.02.2011 (date of receipt!)
Please send your documents to the following address:
Application documents sent to by fax or email will not be considered!
Please note that it is not able to return application documents that were sent.