Deadline: 1 June for a fall semester, 1 October for a spring semester
Open to: excellent undergraduate/graduate individuals admitted to ETSU
Scholarship: 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees (8 semesters for undergraduates, 5 semester for Master’s studies, 8 semesters for doctoral students)
The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students at East Tennessee State University seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree. The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered. The award is available for:
* Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
* Five semesters for recipients seeking a Master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
* Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program (see ETSU graduate catalog).
* Scholarship can be applied to summer semesters.
1. Be admitted to ETSU as full-time, degree-seeking students (undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
2. Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
3. Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
4. Fill out the scholarship application form.
5. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are admitted to ETSU.
Students who are NOT eligible:
* Students continuing from an ETSU bachelor’s degree program to a second ETSU bachelor’s degree program
* Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
* Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
* Students applying for the M.D. and Pharm. D. programs
Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, need to be submitted by the following dates:
* Fall semester deadline: no later than June 1st
* Spring semester deadline: no later than October 1st
Students are encouraged to submit scholarship applications as soon as they are admitted to ETSU. An application cannot be reviewed until the applicant is admitted to the university. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed. Click here to apply now.
* Recipients must maintain full-time status.
* Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
* The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
* Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
Click here to apply for the International Students Academic Merit Scholarship.
For more scholarship opportunities click here.
For questions contact Maria Costa: [email protected]
East Tennessee State University
The Honors College
International Programs and Services
P.O. Box 70668
Johnson City, TN 37614 USA