Deadline: 2 March 2011
Open to: students at an early stage of an academic career (postdoctoral level)
Scholarship: £27,006 p.a. (meals and free accommodation)
Merton College proposes to elect to a four-year Fitzjames Research Fellowship in Philosophy to commence in October 2011. This career development post will allow a promising academic at an early stage in his or her career to combine substantial support for research with the opportunity to develop skills in teaching and academic administration.
* be at an early stage of an academic career, typically at postdoctoral level or equivalent
* aspire to a substantive academic appointment and have career development needs
* achievement (commensurate with the candidate’s career) in a field of research in Philosophy at a standard which will contribute to and enhance the national and international profile of Philosophy at Oxford
You should sent this documents to the address below::
* brief curriculum vitae incorporating a publications list
* sample of their recent written work (e.g. an article or thesis chapter)
* research proposal for the four years covered by the Fitzjames Research Fellowship
* statement of their teaching range in relation to the needs of the College
* completed application summary sheet
The Warden, Merton College, Oxford OX1 4JD, UK
Or by e-mail to: [email protected]
The stipend will be £27,006 p.a. and the Fellow will be entitled to meals and free accommodation in College, if available (or a housing allowance) and other benefits.