Deadline: 28 February 2011
Open to: scholars and specialists working on Germany, Europe, and/or transatlantic relations, citizens of Germany or USA
Fellowship: monthly stipend of up to $4,725 and transportation to and from Washington
AICGS is now accepting applications for the next round of DAAD fellowships. DAAD/AICGS Research Fellows will be expected to produce a short analytical essay that will be published on the AICGS website.
* German or American citizens
* completed or currently be working on a Ph.D. Only in exceptional cases will fellowships be awarded to applicants with an M.A., who are not Ph.D. students
* currently working on Germany, Europe, and/or transatlantic relations
To apply for the DAAD/AICGS fellowship program, please submit the following materials:
* brief cover letter (please indicate your citizenship in the cover letter and how you have heard about the fellowship);
* curriculum vitae, with a list of publications (if relevant);
* project proposal (5-7 pages, double-spaced) outlining in clear, concise terms the substantive thrust of the research and its relevance to the AICGS mission, and the reasons for carrying it out at AICGS and in Washington DC.;
* two recent letters of reference (for Ph.D. students and recent Ph.D.s (received in the last five years) only).
Project proposals should address a topic closely related to one or more of the Institute’s three research and programming areas:
1. Business and Economics
2. Foreign and Domestic Policy
3. Society, Culture, and Politics
Send all application packets via e-mail to: Kirsten Verclas, Research Associate, email@example.com
Fellowships include a monthly stipend of up to $4,725, depending on the seniority of the applicant, transportation to and from Washington, and office space at the Institute.