Deadline: deadline not stated
Open to: students/individuals with experience in developing countries
PROJECT-E (Ethiopia, Education, English – www.project-e.eu) provides high-quality, market-oriented vocational education for orphaned women in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The program is unique in its approach and enjoys a high reputation for quality, professional volunteers and sustainability. The financial concept is designed to enable schools to sustain themselves after 5 years.
The first college was opened October 2009. A new grade of 15 scholars enters every year. The work of volunteers is exceptionally diverse. Tasks may be to assist at the school, teach, evaluate the curriculum and academic performance, expand the business network, organize internships, manage income-generating projects, promote public relations or raise funds.
- Unique chance to make a positive impact in Ethiopia
- High level of independence, responsibility and creativity
- Inspiring work atmosphere in a young and motivated team
- Financial support for travel and accommodation
- Support and enhancement of the „Professional Development Programme“ (PDP) – one element of our financial strategy to generate income locally to make the project sustainable.
- Networking with Ethiopian and international businesses, governments and NGOs
- (depending on the starting date) Selection of new students, finding internship placements, negotiating business partnerships, teach at the school, organize workshops, apply for funding etc.
- IT support, maintenance, training
- Fund raising and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Public Relations
- Students must have completed 2 years of study
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills, good IT knowledge (MS-Office)
- Experience in developing countries (preferred)
- High level of independency, motivation, communication skills, creativity and ability to work in a team
How to Apply
Please send an email with your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
for further information contact [email protected]