Deadline: 18 February 2011
Open to: communications professional interested in european youth policies
Eurodesk is the main source of information on European policies and opportunities for young people. Eurodesk Brussels Link coordinates the activities of national partners, who operate as a permanent support structure for the EU’s Youth in Action programme. The network also updates and manages content on the European Youth Portal.
Eurodesk is currently looking for a Communications officer. This is a full-time position based in Brussels. The successful candidate will be offered a one year renewable contract subject to further European Commission funding.
* Establishing Eurodesk’s communication office and developing a long-term communication strategy
* Identifying strengths and weaknesses in Eurodesk’s communications and taking measures to leverage or address them
* Creating new online communication channels to disseminate youth information and raise Eurodesk’s profile in Brussels and beyond
* Building Eurodesk into a recognizable brand at European level and within the youth sector
* Researching and updating information using Eurodesk’s information dissemination structures
* Producing Eurodesk publications including a digital newsletter and annual report
* Writing news items for the Eurodesk Network and European Youth Portal
* Participating in network activities and stakeholder meetings (with occasional travel)
* University degree and some years of relevant experience, or secondary education with extensive experience
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills
* High level of creativity and the strategic ability to devise and implement innovative communication tools
* Strong knowledge of the European Policy area, European Youth policy and European programs for young people
* Excellent knowledge of new information and communication technologies, especially social media platforms
* Some experience with content management systems and photo/graphic design software would be an advantage
* Very good command of English and working knowledge of at least one other official EU language
Send your CV, together with a concise pitch of no more than half a page explaining why you are the right candidate for the position, to [email protected].