Deadline: 28 February 2011
Open to: students enrolled at a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member countries
Asian Development Bank, ADB, welcomes motivated, open-minded and self-directed individuals to apply for internship assignments requiring further research and assistance, identified by Regional and Knowledge Departments in ADB.
The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate candidates which offer widely-varied assignments year to year depending on business needs. The duration should be a minimum of eight weeks and a maximum of twenty six weeks or six months for one internship assignment. A stipend is provided to all interns according to the location of internships up to 56 calendar days.
There are several vacancies:
* Central and West Asia Department
* Independent Evaluation Department
* Southeast Asia Department
* Regional and Sustainable Development Department
* Private Sector Operations Department
* Office of Regional Economic Integration
* Pacific Department
* Kazakhstan Resident Mission, Central and West Asia Department
To check this opportunities in detail, please go to the official webpage.
* be enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member countries, both prior to and after the internship assignment;
* be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work;
* be a national of one of ADB’s member countries;
* possess an excellent command of English; and
* have relevant professional experience
Applicants should submit and upload ALL requirements: updated CV AND answers to essay questions.
A stipend is provided to all interns according to the location of internships up to 56 calendar days.
Interns are to shoulder accommodation and transportation; part of the airfare and food expense. Interns are provided with an I-Pay card; these are pre-loaded cards with a limited monetary value to cover food expenses at the ADB Cafeteria Dining Facility for Manila-based internships.
ADB provides a limited amount to cover part of the airfare travel cost should air travel be necessary between the internship location and the authorized point of origin.