Deadline: 7 March 2011
Open to: PhD students/holders not older the 35 years old
Fellowship: living allowance – € 7,500,research allowance – € 750, accommodation provided
Collegium Budapest, Institute for Advanced Study is pleased to announce a new Fellowship Programme for young researchers from Central and Eastern Europe (CEE)*. The programme offers fellowships at Collegium Budapest for the autumn term of the 2011/2012 academic year. It proposes 5-month residencies for excellent scholars to provide a stimulating environment of a multidisciplinary and international group of fellows for promoting the exchange of ideas among potential future academic leaders in the CEE region.
The main purpose of the Fellowship Programme is to enhance the knowledge base in the region by creating a more dynamic and interactive research community of young scholars in the social sciences and humanities across countries of Central and Eastern Europe. The thematic focus of the Programme is on improving understanding of key challenges and opportunities in the CEE region, through fresh perspectives and original insights of young scholars. The Programme welcomes applications from promising scholars primarily at an early stage of their careers.
The applicant should:
- be no more than 35 years old by 7 March 2011
- possess a PhD or at least provide proof of a submitted dissertation (official letter of acknowledgement) at the time of the application deadline
- be prepared to reside in Budapest during the term of their Fellowship; during this period fellows should be free of other academic or work commitments
- be willing to commit her/himself to submit, not later than 30 days after completing the fellowship, a report on the work done during her/his stay at CB
- be willing to present his/her research (in English) to the fellow community of the Collegium in the form of a seminar
Applications are welcome in all areas across the Humanities and the Social Sciences while taking into account the thematic priorities of the programme.
How to Apply
Candidates are asked to apply electronically by sending the NewDem Application Form and the documents listed below to the following address: [email protected]
All NewDem fellowship applicants have to submit:
- the completed NewDem Application Form
- their Curriculum Vitae with a list of their most important publications (max. 4 pages) and if possible, a copy of one publication
- a description (max. 2-3 pages) and a short abstract (150 words) of your research project with scholarly references,
- letters of recommendation from two established scholars who are familiar with your academic work
- an official proof of the submission of the dissertation (if you do not have a PhD)
- and a recent photo of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 7 March 2011.
Only applications sent in e-mail to [email protected] by 7 March 2011 will be evaluated.