Deadline: 10 May 2011
Open to: filmmakers (professionals or amateurs)
Fee: $30, no entry fee for films submitted under the student competition
Award: selected films are screened throughout the four-day event
The Geek Film Festival is a celebration of all things geek and film! American films will be screened side by side with international entries the weekend of July 1- 4, 2011 in Miami, FL at Florida Supercon: Florida’s comic book, anime, animation, video games, fantasy, sci-fi and all of pop culture convention.
The Geek Film Festival aims to present geek film and geek interest film to audiences through documentary, narrative, animation, experimental and fan films. With a focus on geek, geek interest, comic, gaming, animation, anime, manga, science fiction, fantasy, RPG, and more, films will be presented from all kinds of filmmakers, both professional and amateur.
1) Feature Film – full or feature-length (over 50 minutes)
2) Short Film – Short-format films or videos (under 50 minutes)
3) Internet / Web Based Short – Short Made for Internet distribution and exhibition
4) Documentary Film – Full Length or Short Format Documentary Film
5) Student Competition – Films made by students who are either enrolled in a school, or were enrolled during the films’ production:
(a) High School: Films directed by students attending high school, generally stretching from ages 15-18
(b) Undergraduate: Films directed by students enrolled in an undergraduate college level program. Graduate students may enter in the regular Feature Film or Short Film categories.
All kinds of filmmakers, both professional and amateur.
Each submission must have an entry form. Submissions without entry forms will not be considered. You can download the entry form from the official website.
Send the entry form and all screeners to: Geek Film Festival, 5917 S. University Drive, Davie FL 33328
• Entries must be submitted on DVD in NTSC format. Foreign-language work must be dubbed or subtitled in English.
• You need not attend the convention to participate.
• Director’s photograph (300 dpi), biography and 3 stills from the film (300 dpi) are required.
• DVDs submitted for selection will not be returned.
• If your film is selected, you can choose to have your film screened on DVD or Blue Ray. You must have your “ready to screen” copy of the film in our hands by June 21, 2011. We can use your submission DVD if you wish. A select few films will be screened using film prints (16mm and 35mm). Please note if film prints of your entry are available.
• Digital copies are also accepted, and information will be provided with your acceptance letter.
• Filmmakers that are accepted into the festival will receive 2 badges to the full 4 day event
Selected films are screened throughout the four-day event.