Open to: students/individuals interested in free software issues, with any background
Remuneration: EUR 400/month
Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the furthering of Free Software, and works to promote freedom in emerging digital society. FSFE is looking for bright interns to join the team. The internships typically take between four and twelve months, and FSFE accept applications at all times. FSFE operates in a lively environment of numerous volunteers from many countries and several full-time employees.
FSFE is looking for smart, motivated interns to join our team. They offer:
- A truly challenging and exciting time with a dynamic NGO working internationally;
- A close-up view of organisational and community processes;
- A chance to take the initiative and put your ideas into practice;
- The opportunity to meet and work with Free Software advocates across Europe.
- Contributing to FSFE ongoing projects
- Work on campaigns and public relations
- Communicating with contacts from the FSFE community, NGO, industry, and public administrations
- Coordinating volunteers and FSFE team members during work on various projects
- General office tasks
- Finding your own strengths
Knowledge, experience, skills:
- Solid basic knowledge of, and considerable interest in, Free Software (required)
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) is a requirement; a working knowledge of German and/or other languages is a plus
- Basic acquaintance with working on GNU/Linux systems (desirable)
- Administration and management skills
- Ability to be creative, responsible, and to multitask
- Ability to integrate into a young, motivated and professional team
- No programming skills required
- a truly challenging and exciting time with a dynamic NGO active on an international level
- occasion to take responsibility for your own area of work
- close-up view of organisational and community processes
- chance to take the initiative and put your ideas into practice
- a chance to travel with the president to interesting places, meeting Free Software advocates across Europe
- a small remuneration to cover basic living expenses
Everybody fulfilling the above criterions are eligible for an internship in FSFE. It doesn’t matter if you are a computer science, law, economic, social or political student; FSFE like diversity to get new ideas.
The remuneration for the internship is EURO 400/month.
You can apply by sending an email with your letter of motivation, a CV and references (in English) to [email protected]. Please do not send any documents in Microsoft Word document format.