Deadline: 28 February 2011 and 28 March 2011
Open to: students or researchers enrolled at a university in selected countries
Denmark offers scholarships for both long-term study periods and summer languages courses to foreign students.
Please note, the scholarships are only offered to students or researchers enrolled at a university in their home country.
The Agency for International Education in Denmark offers government scholarships to applicants from higher education institutions from the countries mentioned below:
– 19 EU-countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, and the Netherlands
– Iceland, Switzerland, Serbia and Turkey
– Non-european countries: China, Japan, Israel, Egypt and Russia.
* EU-countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, and the Netherlands
* Iceland, Serbia, Switzerland and Turkey
* application form and all required copies of documentation (in PDF-format) should also be printed, copied, signed and sent by ordinary mail, postmarked no later than the 28th of February 2011
* the following documents must be enclosed in your application
– Curriculum vitae signed and dated by you
– Translated and certified copies of your diplomas
– Certificate of proficiency in English
– Detailed program for your study/research period in Denmark
* all documents should be sent to:
“Application form – Cultural Agreements 2011-12”
The Danish Agency for International Education
1171 København K
Summer Language Scholarships
The summer language courses in Danish are open to Bachelor’s, Master’s and Ph.D. students.
The summer language course scholarships are available for students from the following countries and institutions:
* Group 1: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and Turkey
* Group 2: Israel, Russia and the following institution in China (exclusively):
* Beijing Foreign Studies University, The Danish Department, The Institute of European Language and Culture, Beijing, P.R. China
* Group 3: Selected institutions in Canada, Lithuania, Switzerland, USA:
* University of British Columbia, Department of Central, Eastern and Northern European Studies, Vancouver, Canada
* Portland State University, Dept. of Foreign lang. and Literature, Portland, OR, USA
* University of California, Department of Scandinavian Studies, Berkley, CA, USA
* University of Texas at Austin, Department of Germanic Studies, Austin, TX, USA
* University of Washington, Scandinavian Department, Seattle, WA, USA
* University of Wisconsin, Department. of Scandinavian Studies, Madison, WI, USA
* University of California, The Scandinavian Section, Los Angeles, CA, USA
If you are an applicant from a country in Group 1 and 3, please use the application form here.
If you are an applicant from a country in Group 2, please use the application form here.
The deadline for applying for the Danish Summer Language Scholarships is March 28th, 2011
For more information about the Danish Summer Language Courses, please contact Nelly-Ann Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org