Deadline: 31 March 2011
Open to: citizens of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania or Serbia, aged 18 to 27
Costs: 10 €, all costs are covered, travel expenses will be refunded
“Balkans, let’s get up!” inspires and empowers young adults from nine Balkan countries to become active citizens and initiate change in their societies.
With this program the participants learn about democracy and civil society, develop project management skills and implement their own project ideas.
The program consist of four stages:
1. Kick-off seminar, 7th-15th May, Sarajevo: What kind of society do you want to live in? You will get to know your colleagues, discuss and create your own projects.
2. Advanced training, 2nd half of July, in one of the participating countries: You will deepen your skills in project management and further develop your project idea
3. Implementation of your project, July-October: supported by a project grant you will implement your project. An experienced mentor will be at your side
4. Evaluation seminar, first half of November, in one of the participating countries: You will evaluate and present your project to the public, and think about further steps to stay involved and make a change in your society
Citizen of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania or Serbia, between 18 to 27 years, able to discuss in english.
Be aware that in your application you have to also submit:
* a letter of motivation: Why do you want to take part in “Balkans, let’s get up!“? (between 200- 350 words)
* short story, text, dialogue, poem or whatever you prefer (300-450 words)an answer to the questions “What kind of society do you like to live in? What can be your contribution to make it become true?” (short story, text, dialogue, poem or whatever you prefer: 300-450 words)
To take part in this training, you have to pay a 10€ fee. All other cost are covered, travel expenses will be refunded.
Read about the direct experience of one of the participants in the article here.