Deadline: 15 June 2011
Open to: holders of a Master’s degree from the EU
Scholarship: € 14.500 per year + free meals at school’s canteen + Campus facilities
The PhD in Management deals with management topics which characterise current research activities in strategy, organization, innovation and international business. It is strongly oriented towards a deeper understanding of links between innovative services and competitiveness. Particular emphasis is given to:
– the management of innovation processes and the international competitiveness of firms, institutions, as well as local, regional and national systems
– the management of innovative services, such as environmental, insurance, health, technological and industrial policy services.
Positions and grants
– 4 positions with 4 fellowships (amounting to € 14.500 per year + free meals at school’s canteen + Campus facilities). One position is dedicated to Research Projects in the field of Healthcare Management and financially supported by the MES Laboratory of Scuola Sant’Anna.
– The School may also admit eligible candidates without grants up to a maximum number of 4 posts. They will take part in the Programme at their own expenses but they will not have to pay any tuition fee.
– possession of Master of Science (M.Sc.), or a Master of Arts (M.A.), or equivalent title from the EU. Current undergraduate students who will be awarded such a degree before September 19, 2011, may also apply.
– Applicants should not be older than 35 years by June 15, 2011. Candidates older than 35 may be exceptionally admitted considering the experience gained.
– applications must be submitted online by June 15, 2011, 12 pm GMT, a hardcopy of the application (signed by the candidate), together with the enclosures requested, must reach by June 22, 2011:
Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna
Divisione Formazione Universitaria e alla Ricerca
Piazza Martiri della Libertà 33
56127 PISA, Italy
“Application PhD in Management” must be written on the envelope.
Application and attachments
Enclosures to the hard copy of the application:
1. – the copy of candidate’s Passport,
2. – two copies of Curriculum Vitae et Studiorum (please use the EU model);
3. the academic record with the full list of courses and grades (in English, in French, in German, in Spanish or in Italian);
4. – two copies of the abstract of their Master Degree thesis (when applicable) in English, and a copy of any other publication that they deem suitable;
5. – two copies of a Research Project, of no more than 2,000 words, which will describe the research activities that applicants would like to perform during the PhD course. The Research Project should include: 1) title; 2) description of the main research question and discussion of previous research in the field; 3) description of research hypotheses, with brief discussion of key variables; 4) description of the research method that will be used and expected results; 5) possible policy implications;
6. – at least two Reference Letters written by scholars who have supervised the applicant’s work during his/her university studies;
7. – a numbered list of documents attached.
e-mail: [email protected]
tel. +39 050 883.335, +39 050 883.383