Deadline: 4 April 2011
Open to: experienced IT specialist
Place: Budapest, Hungary
The Roma Education Fund (REF) is an international organization that aims to close the gap in educational outcomes between Roma and non-Roma through policies and programs that support quality education for Roma and through the desegregation of educational systems in formal Decade for Roma Inclusion member countries.
The focus of the role is to provide inhouse support for the development and continuous maintenance of the organization’s IT systems and applications. Represent the organization towards 3rd party suppliers. Translate the requests of the professional REF staff into IT language and formulate IT related service needs. Help formulate achievable goals within the scope of IT. The IT expert should ensure that the office infrastructure enables smooth-operation, make sure solutions are cost-effective and fully utilize the available up-to-date technology improvements. Negotiate new contracts if needed, arrange purchases or renegotiate existing contracts with suppliers such as the Internet Service Provider or hardware suppliers etc. The job is a full-time position.
• Operating System : Windows/Linux office infrastructure experience
• Databases : SQL basics
• Networking: Some, distributed business application maintenance
• Other SW developement tools, environments, frameworks
• On-Line Application Systems, Data Base /Grants Management Systems and Beneficiary Platform , supporting domains,
• Knowledge on Linux and Windows
• Managing exchange and main servers
• Introducing and linking the system with e-based data input and application process
• Online customer gate
• be able to document procedures and put together help documentation for users
• Fluent in English
The Ideal Candidate
• Shall be willing to work for a non-profit organization and shall agree with the organization’s purposes.
• Will be able to communicate with people with less or no IT skills
• Multitasked, able to follow several parallel projects.
• Possess good analytical skills
• Is open minded, flexible and tolerant
• Is expected to fill the role for a longer period
Required work experience in years:
• 3 years +
How to Apply
Please, send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] providing your wage expectations as well.