Deadline: 15 May 2011
Open to: holders of Bachelor’s degree younger than 35 years old
Scholarship: Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, a student will receive 123 Eur/month; Cost of Living: 123/month; Research Allowance: 32 Eur/month, Books:29 Eur/month; round-trip ticket, health insurance
The scholarship is aimed to strengthen the relationship and mutual cooperation among the members of NAM countries, to reciprocate scholarship programs provided by other countries for Indonesian citizens, and to provide stronger cultural links between these nations.
In 1993 the Government of the Republic of Indonesia started to offer postgraduate (master degree) scholarships to students from the NAM member countries. See the list here.
The scholarship is offered to postgraduate students (Master Degree) to study at one of the universities in Indonesia for 3 years, consisting of one year of the Indonesian Language and Preparatory Programs and 2 years of Master Program with the arrangement below.
Fields of study
Please for the fields of study see here.
Be advised that not every university offers the following fields of study.
Period of Study
1. Indonesian Language : 8 Months
2. Master Preparatory Programs : 4 Months
3. Master Programs : 24 Months (4 Semester)
1. Research in the framework of the graduate program should be carried out in Indonesia.
2. Should the research be carried in the respective home country, all the cost will be borne by the respective student.
All lectures and thesis writing will be in the Indonesian language.
Eligibility and Requirements
1. The maximum age is 35 years
2. Copies of the diploma and academic transcripts (translated into English) for bachelor degree holders
3. A TOEFL score of 450 or equivalent (the certificate being attached)
4. A Health certificate from recognized medical doctors in the respective home countries
5. Sumbits the completed application form and must be nominated by the respective government
6. The Completed Application Form
1. Settlement Allowance will be given upon arrival in Indonesia
2. While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, a student will receive Rp. 1.500.000,-/month (cost of living only).
3. During their Master Programs in Indonesia, the students will get :
* Cost of Living (net, monthly) = Rp. 1.500.000,-
* Research Allowance (monthly) = Rp. 400.000,-
(to be given at the beginning of the third semester)
* Books (net, monthly) = Rp. 350.000,-
4. The scholarship will be provided by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia for 36 months.
5. A round-trip international airfare (economic class) from the international airport of the students’ home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university.
1. The student is subjected to a health insurance.
2. Health insurances shall covered selected medical services with maximum of Rp. 150.000,- (One Hundred and fifty Thousand Rupiah) monthly premi.
3. In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by student.
1. The completed Application Form
2. The official letter of the candidate nomination from the respective candidate’s government official
3. A photocopy of passport and birth certificate
4. A certified photocopy of diploma and academic transcripts (translated into English)
5. A TOEFL score certificate obtained within the last 12 months
6. A Health certificate form a recognized medical doctor in the candidate’s home country
Before registering the application form, please ensure to confirm the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in your country to be legally proceeded and approved.
The completed application from and all the supporting documents must be sent to:
Head Bureau of Planning and International Co
Ministry of National Education of the Republic of Indonesia
C Building, 7th Floor
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman-Senayan,
Tel/fax: (62-21) 5738181, 5709446/45
Mail to : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Public Diplomacy
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Jalan Taman Pejambon No.6
Tel.: (62-21) 3813480
Fa: (62-21) 3858035
For more information, please contact the Embassy of Republic of Indonesia in your home country.