Deadline: 29 April 2011
Open to: employed and unemployed teachers, head teachers, youth and adult educators from EU countries, Croatia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey and Switzerland
Dates and Venue: 12-16 September 2011, Oulu, Finland
Fee/Costs: funding available from Comenius & Grundtvig LLP Programs
Film-making activities can be used in formal and non-formal education to engage and motivate learners of all ages. This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to make, and facilitate the making of, simple fiction and non-fiction films in a variety of formats.
The course takes a collaborative approach to guide participants step-by-step through film-making processes and generate ideas how to use film-making activities in specific learning contexts. Equipment is available during the workshops, however, participants are strongly recommended to bring their own laptop and digital camera (or digital camcorder) to become more familiar and confident with equipment which will be used after the course.
The course aims to provide participants with:
* skills and knowledge to facilitate fiction and non-fiction film-making activities
* an activity which motivates and engages learners
* hands-on practice of making films in various formats
* a pedagogical framework for film-making as a tool for transformative learning
* opportunities to produce materials to use with their own students
* confidence and ability to facilitate introductory film-making workshops for colleagues
* opportunities to meet and share practices with teachers and educators from other European countries
* information about EU funding opportunities and projects
The training is for all teachers and non-teaching staff involved in mainstream and special needs school education, from primary to upper secondary, and adult education. Participants should have some familiarity with using email, word-processing, and the Internet, previous film-making experience is not necessary.
Applicants must be from: EU countries, Croatia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey and Switzerland.
Funding available from Comenius & Grundtvig LLP Programs, and includes the course fee, participant travel costs, 6 nights’ accommodation, breakfasts, 4 lunches and the final evening dinner.
Ms Outi Heikkilä
+358 44 5262 221