Deadline: 6 May 2011 at 2p.m.
Open to: artists from any nationality
Scholarship/Grant: 220.000€ in total to study, research and the undertaking of individual projects
The Foundation Botín has a open call to the XIX edition of its Visual Arts Grants, to 2011-2012. This grants are help to formation, investigation or undertaking of individual projects in the sphere of (non-theoretical) artistic work.
The period covered by the grants will be 9 months. Grants involving relocation can be extended for a second period, depending on the outcome of a further application made before the closing date of the annual edition of the grants. Decision will be made public after the 15th of July 2011.
If the possibility of a publication should arise thanks to the grant, the Fundación Botín will have the first option to produce it. Should the Fundación decide to waive this option, the publication must refer to the artist as a Fundación Botín grant-winner.
The exhibition agenda of the Fundación Botín will include an exhibition which premieres the works realized by the artists during the period covered by the grant. To this end the grant-winners must facilitate the Fundación with all the information, documentation and loans of the works that may be required, as well as making sure they do no take part in any solo shows in Cantabria before this date.
Open to artist from any nationality.
To apply all interested must present the following documentation:
* Application form correctly filled out (can be submitted online).
* Photocopy of Identity Card or Passport.
* Passport size photo of applicant.
* Full address and telephone numbers of both place of origin and destination
* Curriculum vitae, indicating academic qualifications, professional activities, exhibitions, prizes, scholarships, etc. (3 DinA4 maximum).
* Graphic Documentation, prints or color photocopies of the work of the artist (originals will not be accepted, as well as accompanying documentation such as catalogs, brochures, original works, etc.).
All documents must be sent to: Fundacion Botín. Pedrueca 1. 39003 Santander, España
For Individual Projects and Research:
* Project title and summary (one hundred words maximum).
* Memory of the Project: goal, action plan (stages of development and schedule) and your personal reasons for wanting to carry it out. (10 DinA4 maximum).
For Study Grants:
* Information about the Educational Center or Residence Center elected (location, dates, fees, etc.).
* Memory of personal reasons about the convenience of the stay and its relation to current projects (3 DinA4 maximum).
* The Foundation reserves the right to request, upon indication from the jury, the submission of documents.
* Not involving a change of residence: 16.000 euros.
* Involving relocation in a country other than your current residence:24.000 euros.
* Involving relocation in United States of America: 28.000 euros.
* The aforementioned amounts include trips, accommodation,maintenance, studio rent, etc.
* These amounts will be incremented to include medical insurance and,in cases of study, the registration fees of the chosen Education Center, pending approval, will be covered by the Fundación Botín.
* These grants are subject to applicable taxes.
* Payment: 45% at the beginning of duration, 25% in the two following quarters and 5% on receipt of the final report.
Fundacion Botín. Pedrueca 1. 39003 Santander, España
Tel. +34 942 226 072
Fax +34 942 226 045
E-mail [email protected]