Deadline: 8 April 2011
Open to: university degree holders, EU or candidate country citizens under 32
Monthly Grant: 1.000 EUR
Duration: 5 months
Each year, the Committee of the Regions (CoR) provides a limited number of internships for young citizens, from Europe and elsewhere, offering them the opportunity to acquire work experience in a European institution.
Each year, the Committee of the Regions offers young university graduates a limited number of five-month traineeships (stages). These training periods involve work experience in one of the Committee of the Regions’ services, and run from 16 February until 15 July (spring traineeships) or from 16 September until 15 February (autumn traineeships).
In general terms, the objective of in-service training at the Committee of the Regions is:
- to give trainees a general idea of the objectives of and problems encountered in the European integration process;
- to provide them with practical knowledge of the workings of the Committee’s services;
- to enable them to acquire personal experience in an multi-cultural public working environment through contacts made in their everyday work;
- to enable them to develop and put into practice the knowledge they have acquired during their studies or careers.
- Admission to in-service training does not give trainees the status of officials or of other staff members of the European Communities.
To apply for a traineeship at the Committee of the Regions, a number of basic requirements must be fulfilled (by the beginning of the traineeship period). Applicants must:
- be a national of one of the Member States or a State that is a candidate for accession
- either hold a university degree (or an equivalent diploma) awarded after at least three years of study, or have successfully completed at least four years (eight semesters) of university studies;
- or be employed in the public or private sector, provided that they have a university or equivalent degree or have been engaged for at least three years in planning or advisory duties.
- have a thorough knowledge of one of the Community Languages and a satisfactory knowledge of another of these languages, one of which has to be either English or French (working languages)
Given the fact that the CoR traineeship programme is primarily aimed at young graduates at the beginning of their career, trainees must in principle be less than thirty-two (32) years old at the beginning of their traineeship.
CoR trainees on a paid internship who are not gainfully employed are in principle entitled to a monthly grant. The current monthly grant is 1.000 euros.
An additional monthly allowance of 100 euros can be awarded to a married trainee whose spouse is not gainfully employed.
How to Apply
The deadline for on-line applications for the traineeships period 16/09/2011 – 15/02/2012 has been extended to Friday, 8th April 2011 (till midnight).
Please note that the on-line application form is available only in the Committee of the Regions’ main working languages, English and French.
Once an application has been submitted electronically, the Traineeship Office will send an acknowledgement of receipt by e-mail. It is therefore very important to give your correct e-mail address on the application form.
With this e-mail, candidates will also receive a personal access code that will allow them to check the status of their application on-line later on (see the tentative timeframe set out below).
more information: The Official Website